Soroptimist International is a vibrant, dynamic organisation for today’s professional and business women. We are committed to a world where women and girls together achieve their individual and collective potential, realise aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong and peaceful communities worldwide.
Soroptimists inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls through a global network of members and international partnerships.
- Human Rights for all
- Global peace and international goodwill
- Advancing women’s potential
- Integrity and democratic decision making
- volunteering, diversity and friendship
- Soroptimist International will improve the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment or enabling opportunities.
- Soroptimist International will be a global voice for increasing access to education and leadership for women and girls.
We call our voluntary work “Programme Action”. Programme Action is the reason for being a Soroptimist. It reflects the Vision and the Mission of Soroptimist International.
Soroptimist International Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI) works to the goals and objectives agreed by all parts of Soroptimist International (SI), the umbrella organisation. These goals and objectives are called the “Programme Focus” and they provide the structure, or “focus” of all our project work.
Soroptimist International will improve the lives and status of women and girls through education, empowerment or enabling opportunities.
- Increase access to formal and non-formal learning opportunities.
- Improve access to economic empowerment and sustainable opportunities for the employment of women.
- Eliminate violence against women and girls and ensure women’s participation in conflict resolution.
- Ensure women and girls have food security and access to the highest attainable standard of health care.
- Address the specific needs of women and girls by improving environmental sustainability, and mitigating effects of climate change and disasters.
Soroptimist International will be a global voice for increasing access to education and leadership for women and girls.
Strengthen and increase Soroptimist International’s presence as an advocate at all levels.
- Intensify activities and partnerships that raise the international profile and visibility of Soroptimist International.
- Ensure that the foundation of Soroptimist International’s global advocacy is local and global project activity.
Good projects cover several, if not most, Programme Areas. Assistant Programme Directors are responsible for each of the Programme Areas: Economic Empowerment, Environmental Sustainability, Food Security and Healthcare, Learning Opportunities and Violence and Conflict Resolution.